Super Oda Dice Roller is an unobtrusive but powerful dice rolling program for use with tabletop role-playing games such as Dungeons and Dragons. It accepts text input as dice strings and rolls numerous dice with lightning speed!
It gets even better (and more “geektacular”) if you use the included Applescript in concert with LaunchBar or Quicksilver and growl. Together, they turn your Mac into a dice rolling monster, capable of rolling dice without ever leaving your current application! How cool is THAT?!
* MacOS X (tested on version 10.4.3, but should work on earlier versions)
* Ruby (tested on version 1.8.2 which comes with MacOS X 10.4 and later)
• [LaunchBar](http://www.obdev.at/products/launchbar/index.html) or [Quicksilver](http://quicksilver.blacktree.com/) to run the included Applescripts for easy launching.
* 0.2.1b: First public release.
* 0.3b: Combined LaunchBar and Quicksilver scripts. Added interactive Applescript ability. Streamlined code. Added error trapping in Applescripts for bad rolls.
* 0.4b: Eliminated the wacky QS/LB/terminal/interfaceless functioning and rebuilt as an Applescript Studio application! Now it has a window and all kinds of good stuff. Version 0.3b is still available for command line wonks and people who like Quicksilver/Launchbar integration. You can get it here:
* 0.5b: Added Growl notification support (optional). Bundled an Applescript, “Roll Super Oda Dice.scpt” which restores the Quicksilver/Launchbar functionality. Added an awesome icon, courtesy of Forrest Walter.